To get the most enjoyment from your Happy Jack Candle:

  • When you light the candle, let it burn until the pool of melted wax goes all the way out to the edges.  It should take about an hour.  If you extinguish it too soon, you’ll have a tunnel going down the middle of the candle, which shortens the candle’s life – and nobody wants that!  Never be in a hurry when you use your candle – relax while the scent fills the air!  Of course, if you must leave or tend to other matters, always extinguish the candle. 


  • Don’t let your candle burn for longer than three hours at a time.  Let the wax cool and harden before relighting.  To keep the candle clean and save the scent, always put the lid on the candle when not burning. 


  • Before relighting your candle, trim the wick to 1/4 inch and throw the clippings in the trash.  Otherwise, you will have black wick droppings in your melt pool. 


  • For jar candles:  If you want to clean the inside of your jar after the candle has burned down a bit, let the wax cool and harden after burning.  Use a spoon to scrape the wax off the insides of the jar down to the hardened wax.  PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE WAX DOWN THE DRAIN – IT WILL CLOG YOUR DRAIN BECAUSE IT’S NOT WATER-SOLUABLE!  Put the wax in the trash can – it will smell great!  Wipe the inside of the jar with a bit of rubbing alcohol on a paper towel.  It will leave your jar clean, and you’ll be able to watch the flame through the glass while it burns, kind of like a little lantern!  It’s a beautiful sight!